You who live safe
In your warm houses,
You who find, returning in the evening,
Hot food and friendly faces:
Consider if this is a man
Who works in the mud,
Who does not know peace,
Who fights for a scrap of bread,
Who dies because of a yes or a no.
Consider if this is a woman
Without hair and without name,
With no more strength to remember,
Her eyes empty and her womb cold
Like a frog in winter.
Meditate that this came about.
I command these words to you.
Carve them in your hearts,
At home, in the street,
Going to bed, rising;
Repeat them to your children.
Or may your house fall apart,
May illness impede you,
May your children turn their faces from you.
[If This Is A Man - Primo Levi]
- louisatchka likes this
- no-charge-miss likes this
- deathisjustaroundthecoroner reblogged this from antiqua-lugar
- bartimaeu2s likes this
- rosaygris likes this
- ridin-thewaves reblogged this from apriqueart
- apriqueart reblogged this from sheeshkebab
- kateloeb reblogged this from sheeshkebab
- kateloeb likes this
- sheeshkebab reblogged this from antiqua-lugar
- benideti reblogged this from antiqua-lugar
- eeeliina likes this
- antiqua-lugar posted this